Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Bar is Open

I believe this is the last item from the original house plan that had heretofore remained unfininished.  In fact it had, until recently, remained unstarted. 

The bar was primarily designed as a way to provide a screen to the backside of the kitchen stove.  And, of course, it is a nod to the modern fancy of having guest hover over the kitchen while the host cooks.



This image is of the two "h" shaped, extruded aluminum pieces used as a cradle.  I salvaged this as a single piece, 4-feet longer yet, from the old manufactured home.  I didn't have anything specific in mind, but it was such a nice piece I decided to keep it.  It only occurred to me later that it might be good here.

The aluminum painted with that POR-15 engine enamel.  Looks like patent leather shoes.  The bar itself was contributed by my neighbor.  It's a 1" thick slab of walnut!!!


The nearly completed project.  Below the bar are 4 panels of perforated steel from Roy Manufacturing in Portland.


Just needs stools.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments welcome.