Monday, March 15, 2010

Touch Up

I did a little prep work on the carcass of the tractor sitting in the barn.

The area where the fuel tank sits (at the very front of the frame) is always a mess when I remove the tank.  I decided to use the small amount of Herculiner, DIY truck bed liner, instead of repainting it.  The only known substance that dissolves Herculiner is xylene.   Pretty tough stuff.  I used it on the tractor foot rests.  Remarkable stuff.  Like rhino-hide in a can.


The battery tray looked terrible, but two coats of Herculiner later and the it looks better than new.


3 comments:

  1. This was posted at 4:17 AM? Don't you ever sleep?
    The name of your blog is cute, but I had to shorten it to "AuerBlog" for my bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the re-finished tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, me too. A farmer without a tractor is like...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments welcome.